Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July from Canada!


Hi Guys!

Happy 4th of July to all my American lovelies!!  I am not American, however the boyfriend is, he is from Nebraska in case anyone was curious, so I thought it would be fun to do an Independence Day mani for him, and of course I had to share with all of you!


OPI-Big-Apple-Red-4th-Of-July-Nail-Art


OPI-Big-Apple-Red-4th-Of-July-Nail-Art


OPI-Big-Apple-Red-4th-Of-July-Nail-Art


OPI-Big-Apple-Red-4th-Of-July-Nail-Art



I am a bit ridiculously proud of how this came out, mostly cause I free handed the cupcake, and if you have been around here a while you know that I am not the best at freehand, so when it comes out successful I get a bit over excited.

To get this look I started with a base of Essie Butler Please on my pointer. OPI Big Apple Red on my middle and pinky fingers, and Cult Nails Tempest on my thumb (not shown) and ring finger. Once that was dry, I took OPI Big Apple Red and painted the tip of my ring finger and thumb, while that was drying, I took a few different sized dotting tools, and using a mix of all 3 polishes, did the descending dots on my pointer, middle and ring finger.  Once my thumb and ring finger were mostly dry to the touch, I took a stripping polish and painted on the white stripes over the red tip, then with a dotting tool I did the top of the cupcake in Essie Butler Please, I also dabbed on 1 coat of Laquerlicious At The Lake over Butler Please to add a bit of sparkle. The red dot on the top of the cupcake is done in Big Apple Red. I then top coated with KBShimmer Clearly on Top and my super cute 4th of July mani was done! 

Alright guys and gals, I think that covers it for today. I really hope you all like my 4th of July nails! Even though it isn't a holiday here in Canadaland I really hope everyone who does celebrate the holiday has a great one! Till next time kittens! < 3

No comments:

Post a Comment