Thursday, September 11, 2014

Colors By Llarowe: Watermarbling, Glitter, and Stamping, Oh My!

Heya Guys!

I hope everyone is having a good week, mine has been busy as I play catch up from slacking all last week. :P I recycled Wednesdays mani since I wasn't over how awesome Connie You Saucy Minx is, and this is what I came up with!


Colors-By-Llarowe-Connie-You-Saucy-Minx-Watermarbling-Nail-Stamping


Colors-By-Llarowe-Connie-You-Saucy-Minx-WAtermarbling-Nail-Stamping


Colors-By-Llarowe-Connie-You-Saucy-Minx-WAtermarbling-Nail-Stamping


I think I like this "recycled" look better then the original. The last one had it's charms, but the far from perfect stamping, really bugged me up close, where as this one turned out exactly as I saw it in my head.


To get this look, I started with a base of Rica Whiteout on my thumb (not shown) middle and pinky fingers, and left the original mani of Colors By Llarowe Connie You Saucy Minx on my pointer and ring fingers. Once Whiteout was dry, I water marbled  using Sally Hansen Green With Envy, and China Glaze Grape Pop. Since I am still learning to water marble it was a slow process, but it actually went pretty well! I feel like every time I try this, it gets a little easier and little less fail! lol Once that was dry, I top coated with China Glaze Fairy Dust, cause seriously, who doesn't love some Fairy Dust!? and then a coat of HK Girl to speed up the drying process. I then stamped using MJ Plate VII in Mundo De Unas Violet 14. I then top coated that, and voila! water marble stamped nails! 

I was worried there would be to much going on with this, but I decided I liked the idea in my head enough to just go for it and I am so glad I did! I love the end result, since you can still see the pretty water marble underneath.

 As a side note, I mentioned  in this post about using OPI Glitter Off! as a base coat, and just realized I never updated you guys! It did last, it lasted another 2 days after that post was up, when I finally did take it off, no nails had popped off yet so I probably would have gotten more time out of it, had I not needed to change my polish for my sanity! So my verdict? I love Glitter Off! I know for a lot of people it didn't work at all, but something in my chemistry works wonders with it, so it is definitely something I will keep using, in fact I wore it on Wednesdays mani and I am still wearing it on this one. I would suggest trying it, and seeing for yourself, cause worst case scenario, it can be used around your nails as a quick clean up if it doesn't last on you, and best case, you have an awesome long lasting base coat that peels off! 

Alright guys and gals, I think that covers it for today. I hope everyone is enjoying Connie You Saucy Minx as much as I am, or at the very least isn't sick of  it! :P I promise my next post will feature a new polish! haha Till next time Kittens! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment