Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Indigo Bananas Maui Wowee goes Neon!

Hi Guys!


Today I want to show off a super gorgeous polish, Indigo Bananas Maui Wowee. Maui Wowee is an ice blue purple duo-chrome, with a bit of a foil like finish and a linear holo in the sun.  I am a bit pressed for time today, since my favourite person is still here, so let's get right to it!

Indigo-Bananas-Maui-Wowee-Fabur-Nails-Fun-Plate-03


Indigo-Bananas-Maui-Wowee-Fabur-Nails-Fun-Plate-03


Indigo-Bananas-Maui-Wowee-Fabur-Nails-Fun-Plate-03


As you can see, I managed to capture a bit of the holo in my lightbox, and although this isn't a blinding in your face holo, it is stronger in person. There is so much going on in this polish, it is hard to narrow down what I love best. I think I would have to say the duo-chrome, which is super surprising, since I am much more of a holo addict then a duo-chrome addict. This polish applies really nicely,  without any dragging issues, although I will mention, wait a bit in between coats, or you will run the risk of dragging. This was 3 thin coats. It was opaque at 2, but I added a third for colour depth. 

To get this look, I started with a base of Indigo Bananas Maui Wowee on my thumb (not shown) middle and pinky fingers, and a base of Rica Whiteout on my pointer and ring fingers. Once that was dry, I stamped using Fun Plate 03 in Mentality Deuce, and then again stamping over that image with Fun Plate 03 in Mundo De Unas 29 Neon Pink. The studs came from a stud wheel of neon studs off eBay. 


I know, it is September, and that means fall colours, but as you can see, I am not quite ready to let go of summer. I think I will have to get in a few more neon-eque manis, before I finally submit to fall. Speaking of the end of summer, I hope everyone who celebrates Labour Day had an awesome weekend! I relaxed mostly, and soaked up the last official weekend of summer with some swimming and a bbq. 

Alright guys and gals, I think that mostly covers it for today. My favourite person is still here till the end of the week, and so I really should be getting back to playing hostess! I will have at least 1 more post this week, but I may be able to find some down time to squeeze in another! *fingers crossed!*  Till next time Kittens! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment