Friday, August 16, 2013

Nail Art: KBShimmer Oh Splat! with a Gradient and Heart Stud Rhinestones.





Hey Guys!!

Above is my recent, and rather large polish haul, from Harlow & Co.  It all started when I heard  they were planning on restocking KBShimmer, and to make good news even better, It was all going to be on sale.  I knew at that point, that I wouldn't be able to resist, so I  started making a list of my top polish picks. Now KBShimmer is fairly new me, and there were tons I wanted to get my paws on. Well, one thing turned into another, and next thing I knew I was buying WAY to many. Although, can you honestly ever have to many KBShimmer polishes!?  I don't think so, but my bank account would certainly disagree with that statement!

  A couple of days ago, the mailman brought my much anticipated package. After the excitement of  awesome nail mail wore off. I got down to business deciding on which to use first, and how I wanted it to end up on my nails. I won't lie, there was a bit of Google searching for ideas, and a bit of  "This one!..no, no wait, this one!.. I just can't decide, so many options!"  but finally, I ended up with what I am almost certain is a universal favourite of Oh Splat!

With a polish picked, and a nail art idea in my head, I got to work. I did a gradient on my pointer, pinky, and thumb, that grabbed the colours of the glitters in Oh Splat! Then I did 2 accent nails with Oh Splat! on my middle, and ring fingers. I also added small heart stud rhinestones that were purchased a while back from Born Pretty Store. I think that the hearts really tied everything together nicely.  Then of course top coat, to finish everything off.

Speaking of top coat, I wanted to make mention of a new to me top coat. I used KBShimmer's Clearly on Top, for the first time, and let me just say, I am impressed. I found the dry time to be a fraction slower then Seche Vite, maybe by about 5-10 minutes at most, but for almost half the price, and the same level of shine and (for me) less shrinkage on my nails. I may have a new favourite. Will have to use it more then once to be sure, but so far I am really loving this top coat.  If you haven't tried it yet, and don't mind that it isn't 3-free, then I highly suggest you pick it up. You won't regret it!


Anyway enough chit chat about all this, time to have a look at the results!









I had to get the thumb in there, since the thumb really completes the look!



Another thumb shot.


I am really proud of how this turned out. Not only do I think that my gradients are getting better each time I do them, but I really like how each finger is needed for the whole look to complete itself.  I also adore how sweet and fun and colourful this look is.

Alright guys and gals, it's late and I am sleepy, so I think that pretty much covers everything I wanted to share, and don't forget to leave a comment. I want to know if you were here! Don't be shy! Till next time kittens! Be safe, and don't forget, glitter can solve almost any problem! :D



Polishes I used for this were:
                                            OPI - My boyfriend Scales the Walls  (White base)
                                            Zoya - Pippa  (yellow)
                                            OPI -  Can't find my czechbook (blue)
                                            OPI - My Paprika is Hotter than Yours (red) 
                                            KBShimmer - Oh Splat! (accent nails)
                                            Top Coat - KBShimmer  - Clearly on Top 


No comments:

Post a Comment